1) Jasper County Land Records (earliest records available = 1841) has a land transaction for:
Robert Lewellen from Isaac Gibson on the 30th Sep 1848.
2) No mention of Robert Lewellen in all three Jasper County Histories
3) List of Lewellens in all 6 cemetery records:
- Lewallen, Mary 1856-1917 wife of E.E. (Avilla Cemetery)
- Lewellen, Elizabeth 1872-1920
- Lewellen, Benj.
- Lewellen, Lewis Clark 7 Jun 1891-4 Sept 1908
- Lewellen, Clark 1851 (avilla cemetery)
- Lewellen, John 3 May 1852-25 Aug 1890
- Lewellen, Carrie A 1889-1896 dau. of J.H. (Ga. City Cemetery)
4)No Lewellens in Dale County Histories
5) No will from Probate Courts. Dicy Lewellen was appointed guardian of the following children in 1854: William, Stephen, James, Joseph, Robert, Jane, Nancy.
There are several entries in the book on the adm. of the estate mostly the appointment of John Hornback as the administrator. These are written in a book and no one knows where the papers are.
Other Probate Records:
A. Jan 11, 1853 John Hornback was appointed administor and Dica Lewelleln relinquishes her right to be administrator. $800 ___ & John Gibson & Hames Hornback were securities.
B. Nancy Bayneems against Robert Lewellen est. for $9.07
C. William ___ against Robert Lewellen est. for $5.57
D. William G. Burden against Robert Lewellen est. for $12.75
E. Lorenzo Speegle against Robert Lewellen est. for $4.25
F. John Walker against Robert Lewellen est. for $20.00
G. Rice & Chenault against Robert Lewellen est. for $1.82
6) There are 2 Jasper County Marriages for up through 1861:
Smith, Daniel & America Elinor Lewellen 20 Aug 1856
Lewellen, William & Mary Ledford 7 Mar 1858